Again

29.12.11


Cardi - Esprit; Dress - Ruche (sold out); Tights - Walmart; Boots - Locale; Bag - Matt by Matt&Nat; Belt - ??.

I don't like getting older. In fact,  I hate the prospect.  I know I should embrace it, yadda, yadda, yadda, but I don't want to get older.  I don't want to get wrinkles.  I don't want grey hair.  I don't want to have to harness my boobs to keep them up. Etc. Etc. When I do, I'll deal with it and try to age gracefully, but I don't want to get older.   I want to have my current mind but go back in time physically to 21...and stay there.

I'm thinking I might have to become an immortal, you know like the Highlander.   And the awesome bonus is that I'd have a reason to always carry a sword!  I'm a big fan of swords; I own and study several kinds.   Plus, there are thousands of ways to accessorize that trench coat he uses to hide the sword, and I could do each and every one of them! 

Yeah, I know.  It's not going to happen.  I get it.  All I'm saying is, I hate getting older.

And it's not just the physical.  I hate it because I had a very different picture of what my life would be like right now.  Some of it is better, some of it isn't.  Some of it is better than I imagine, but some of it is also worse.  I had a lot of things I wanted to achieve by a certain time.  Yes, I can still do a lot of those things, but some I can't.  Some of them have a time limit, and that's just how it is.  So I'm trying to somehow accept and embrace the reality of what is and look at all the things still ahead of me. 

But I'm having trouble.  Maybe it's a character failing, but I really feel like my twenties slipped through my grasp, like I look back and I can't even remember where they went and why things happened the way they did.

8 thoughts:

  1. Well, I am saying Happy Birthday to you! I felt a similar way when I turned 30. I can also say that my 30's have been so much better than my 20's. I wish you the same for your bday as well.

    Such a cute outfit and love the posing.

    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Your birthday outfit is adorable! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!

    Like you, I thought my life would look differently at 30, but then again, I thought the same thing at 16, 18, 21, etc. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I turn 30 in February and I have some mixed feelings about it. However, I have three kids, so it's kind of like "meh". I already feel 50! LOL.

    Your hair looks adorable and I love your striped dress! You look great at thirty or any other age!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute and YOUNG ;) and I LOVE your hairdo! I am turning 40 next month, and yes, aging is an adjustment. I don't like seeing wrinkles coming, etc..and I'm finding more and more white hairs lately. I WANT to age gracefully, and I'm sure that I'll get to the point where I accept it eventually, but it IS an adjustment. Thirty wasn't hard for me, but I was pregnant when I turned 30, so my mind was on the baby in my tummy :)

    People still are generally very surprised at my age and think I'm a lot younger, but that can't last forever, I know. You definitely still look young, and you're certainly a young 'un to me, I've got ten years on ya! lol I think we realize more and more who we are as we get older, which is a cool perk..so embrace it ;)

    Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much everyone for the wonderful wishes. It certainly was a memorable day, and I'll be sharing that soon!

    Thanks again! My heart swells!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great for 30. I, too, hit this milestone birthday in October, and I know what you mean about the 20's slipping away from you.

    I guess we should just take it in stride.

    P.S. I love your honesty! I value it in much in my own blog. www.honestlylu.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Love the outfit :) And believe me, you wear 30 well! I'll be 31 in April....ugh. Seriously, what I wouldnt give to be 25 again and have perky, well, EVERYTHING! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ModaMama All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger